Basketball Program Director
Popular children's sports program has an opening for a Program Director. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who loves sports and teaching young children but doesn’t want to be a full time preschool teacher or be tied to an office desk. We are looking for a leader with early childhood education experience who plays or has coached sports, preferably basketball.
The ideal candidate will have early childhood teaching experience in a daycare or preschool along with basketball experience as a collegiate player and/or coach. Experience in coaching/playing/loving soccer (our other sport) is a plus.
The Director will manage the Basketball program by:
- Recruiting, training, and evaluating coaches (5+ part time coaches)
- Coaching 10-15 classes per week (may includes some soccer classes)
- Field Setup and clean up including satellite locations
- Scheduling classes, coaches, and locations with a variety of programming
- Registration for classes
- Customer Service with parents (email, phone, and in person)
- Marketing and growing the program
- Working with Rec and Park securing and permitting locations
The above duties will be done in conjunction with the Soccer Program Director and you may need to assist with our soccer program, primarily in a coaching capacity.
All candidates must:
- be great working with young children and communicating with parents
- be extremely well organized and able to multi-task effectively
- possess innate Customer Service skills: written, telephone and in person
- be very dependable and take pride in their work
- have proven administration skills (computer & office management)
- have a clean driving record
- have experience with online cloud applications such as Google Apps, Dropbox, etc
We strongly prefer candidates with:
- the necessary ECE credits to teach in a preschool setting
- fluent in Spanish or French
- experience running programs geared towards young children
If you are passionate about children and sports, this is a great position for you.
This is a FULL TIME position with a Saturday to Wednesday work week - you must be able to work weekends except major holidays and in between seasons when there are no classes. When not coaching, you may work remotely from home or in our office. The work week may be changed as we hire more full time coaches.
About SF Tots
SF Tots is owned & operated by San Franciscans and takes pride in our community involvement. We offer classes for 18 month old toddlers up to 7 year old children at various locations through San Francisco seven days a week. SF Tots programs are designed to teach children the basic motor skills necessary to play sports with fun, engaging games along with essential teamwork concepts. Our award winning program is the most popular in the city and we’re always looking for great coaches to join our amazing team.